GUTEN SAMSTAG MORGEN

Edwin Rommel

59 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I'd kill for a temp of 59 outside right now!

Shortly, another few days now, we'll be heading into the period where we have temps below zero for the High Temp.

Right now......Yup you guessed it......it's snowing!!!!!!!!!!!

59 degrees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I'd kill for a temp of 59 outside right now!

Shortly, another few days now, we'll be heading into the period where we have temps below zero for the High Temp.

Right now......Yup you guessed it......it's snowing!!!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nnnnot outside..... Inside!!!!!!! :blink:

I'm fully dressed, that's for sure!!!

Got the ventless natural gas logs cranked up now, temp is up to 63F. The gas logs are nice, used to be real cheap to operate too, until natural gas prices more than doubled in the last two years. Now I could start on a rant about how the U.S. government is refusing to do things that would help the economy and it's citizens, but I'm not supposed to do that here. Let's just say that I think at least 90% of our elected government should be voted out. :angry:

That is so typical..........

Poll after poll show that a majority of "voters" want to see Congress thrown out on it's collective ear, but just not their guy!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Kinda gives NIMBY* a whole new meaning, eh? :lol:

*"Not In My Back Yard"

BTW: I used to work with Mike Michaud, my Rep, down at the mill. He's a nice guy, and a hard worker, and a caring person and all.......but he ain't got my vote, not this year. :o

Well, my representative can stay, my two senators on the other hand... <_< Well, I'm not all that happy with either one of them and the senior senator from Virginia needs to switch parties since he is so wrapped up in and votes with the other party on nearly every issue. :angry:

Let me just say, and I hope without violating Doug's "No Politics" rule for this forum, that I believe VERY STRONGLY in the Voter's Right to Impose Term Limits. And with the current mess (Abramoff (sp?)) in DC, I think the best way to solve it is:

THROW THE RASCALS OUT!

This type of voter action is actually a time honored traditon of Americian Politics. It, a near complete ousting of current Congress Critters, has been done before (19th Century and less into the 20th) and this election year would be a good time to return to that tradition. In, of course, My Most Humble Opinion.

:dancinguy::dancinguy:

I've never been a big believer in Term Limits......but that's because I believe that Elected Public Service is an honor and a duty to perform, but not something that should be done for a long period of time.

I was elected to the Town Council and served for 3 three year terms (the last as Council Chairman and thus "Mayor" of the Town). I enjoyed the work and the challenge, but when it came time for me to run for a 4th term, I walked away because it was time to let someone else do the job.

That's the way I feel about Politics...the more people and ideas, the merrier, and everyone should have a go at being an "Elected Official", but only for a short while.

:thumbsup:

Agreed. I also feel that too many people who can be re-elected for an indefinite number of terms and are re-elected time after time do lose touch with their constituents and begin to vote their personal opinions or vote for whoever donates the most to their campaign fund.