COMBATSIM Forum

Roll Call

Schatten

Nope.

Won't be getting it soon, either. Just dropped $700 on a new bare bones laptop so I can get on with writing paying copy. My hope is that the investment in the laptop will generate the extra cash I need for a new rig.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do ya think you could take the first wave of that cash and plunk down enough of those funny pieces of paper you call money to get a copy of CFS3 before you head out to round up another rig? :unsure:

Got a feeeling that us folks using machines that aren't up to Oleg's "standards" are going to be happy with OFF. :thumbsup:

Got a feeeling that us folks using machines that aren't up to Oleg's "standards" are going to be happy with OFF. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To tell you the truth, I was a bit dubious about any mod concerning CFS3, until I read the positive reports here. I played CFS3 a couple of years ago, and my biggest memory was that it was a pig to set up and run at anything more than 6fps.

OTOH, that was about half a dozen upgrades ago; maybe now the technology exists to run it as more than just a slide show.

So, it's on my shopping list for next month. I think I can gamble a tenner.