Interesting read about an old friend.

Whizkid

Those were the days, now EAW is having problems running on current hardware. Windows XP gives enough problems, but Nvidia dropped the low resolution support from their drivers, evidently beginning with the 70 series. Probably the best way to play EAW (and Hornet Korea) these days is to scrounge up an old rig, something like a CPU running 500 Mhz or faster, Windows 98 SE, 256 to 512 MB RAM, Soundblaster Live, and a Voodoo 3 - 2000 or better Voodoo card.

I still have EAW on my rig and maybe once every 6 months I fire it up. It runs just fine on a 3 GHZ Intel with 1 gig Ram and a GeForce 5900 with Win XP..no problems what so ever

EAW still has MUCh better mid and long range views of aircraft than IL-2 and there's nothing like seeing a shitload of bombers coming over the horizon without your framerates going to blazes.

Plus it has a Mosquito, Typhhon and Tempest. :D

I still have EAW on my rig and maybe once every 6 months I fire it up.  It runs just fine on a 3 GHZ Intel with 1 gig Ram and a GeForce 5900 with Win XP..no problems what so ever

EAW still has MUCh better mid and long range views of aircraft than IL-2 and there's nothing like seeing a  shitload of bombers coming over the horizon without your framerates going to blazes.

Plus it has a Mosquito, Typhhon and Tempest.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting read,Archie. I have the same rig,except I only have an AMD XP2200 MoBo with 1.2 Ghz,and EAW still runs fine. Now it's open source I think many people will be taking another look at it. Could become the Simmers Dream!

I'm using NVidia driver  7.1.8.4

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you kidding me, Archie?

I heard EAW had graphic problems because NVidia dropped low-res support (or some such thingmie) with drivers in the 7 series.

Are you getting any glitches at all?

MMMmmmmmmm, Mossie!!!!

No problems at all. I never had a single hitch with EAW on Win XP. The weird thing is...their are guys with almost exactly teh same rig who can't run it at all.

I just fired it up a second ago and flew the Mossie ....the graphics look pretty old now but it still seems more like WWII tha IL-2 for some strange reason :huh:

I'm using NVidia driver  7.1.8.4

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Archie,you might want to check,but I'm using Driver Forceware 8.1.9.8. For the graphics card.

I just fired it up a second ago and flew the Mossie ....the graphics look pretty old now but it still seems more like WWII tha IL-2 for some strange reason  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe because it was done soooo much better than IL2. :thumbsup: