COMBATSIM Forum

Just a thought...

Stag

Yep, that was really the impetus behind this new forum. CFS3 has a sucky reputation, Over Flanders Fields overcomes many of the problems in CFS3. If OFF can be modified for World War Two Pacific Operations, we would at least be able to fly missions in the Solomon Islands. Unfortunately, MS chose to not include operating carriers in CFS3, there is a work around, but even that has severe limitations that would make carrier ops highly difficult at best.

Ah yes, but what can be done with those SDKs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I just dl'd the mission builder, mission editor, and terrain making SDKs, Skipper.

I'm in the process of dl'ng the Gmax stuff that is needed for the aircraft, buildings, and whatever SDK.

But until I get my copy of CFS3............I gotta wait to install everything I have and are about to dl.

Once that is done, then we will see what can be done with SDKs. <_<

PS. Anybody give me a reason why, in an atl history universe, there couldn't have been primitive aircraft carriers plying the waters of Lake Erie during WWI? ;):lol:

No reason why not.

There was at least one carrier on Lake Michigan during WWII for pilot training. It was a CVE not a fleet one and I'm fair certain it was built somewhere along the Lakes but...no reason if there was a need for one that a carrier couldn't be built for and operated on the Great Lakes.

:popcornsmilie:

No reason why not.

There was at least one carrier on Lake Michigan during WWII for pilot training. It was a CVE not a fleet one and I'm fair certain it was built somewhere along the Lakes but...no reason if there was a need for one that a carrier couldn't be built for and operated on the Great Lakes.

:popcornsmilie:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok a CVE, flying off bi-planes during WW ONE? :rolleyes::popcornsmilie:

No, it was WW II.  The Great Lakes made a good training ground for carrier ops, at least during the warmer months.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know it was WWII, I talking about an idea I got floating around inside my head.

The Toronto Front....... :o:rofl: