COMBATSIM Forum

Airstrike may have killed bin Laden's No. 2

Isn't that, in political terms, a trait of that entire region? The governments side with whoever they like, based on their latest agendas. My opinion is that they feel they are politically very clever playing one foreign power off against another. Since the fall of the USSR, that's a dangerous game they will eventually lose, as it is also an incredibly short-sighted standpoint. When the music stops, they will be looking for a chair

I know that I am not expert on these matters, but on one hand it seems very typical, an almost hard-wired human response to be better than the big Kids (The USA won't push my country around! We'll show them! We will shout and ignore the future as long as we get our way!), and on the other, they seem to have an attitude of "well the USA owes us!" which baffles me

It seems to be all the rage these days to reach into the wallet of the U.S. while kicking us in the butt at the same time. I have some very specific opinions on this issue and such are not suitable for posting on this particular forum. <_<

This is what CNN is reporting.

Source: Al-Zawahiri not among 18 killed in airstrike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why the hell they don't go in with SF Teams and make sure of it,I don't know. That way no civilians get eliminated,(maybe),they target the right people,they can be just as stealthy as a UAV,they can melt away if the right targets aren't there,and we don't collect a bunch of bad publicity if innocents get killed. But I guess Rummy likes the high-tech stuff these days. Nothing like a Mk 1 Eyeball,I say.

It seems to be all the rage these days to reach into the wallet of the U.S. while kicking us in the butt at the same time.  I have some very specific opinions on this issue and such are not suitable for posting on this particular forum. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These days? Alot of the europeans have been doing it since the end of WWII. <_<

Why the hell they don't go in with SF Teams and make sure of it,I don't know. That way no civilians get eliminated,(maybe),they target the right people,they can be just as stealthy as a UAV,they can melt away if the right targets aren't there,and we don't collect a bunch of bad publicity if innocents get killed. But I guess Rummy likes the high-tech stuff these days. Nothing like a Mk 1 Eyeball,I say.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cuz the Pakistani's won't allow us to. They know we will find more than they want us to know. <_<

One of the problems in that area of the world is that NO government controls it. Neither the Paks nor the Afgans. Its tribal regions where loyality is to tribe only Outsiders stick out like a sore thumb.

I'm sure we have SF on the ground, but its a lot of ground to cover.

We can offer all the money in the world as a reward, but these people have no concept of how much $25 million is, and they know that neither they nor their kinfolk would live long enough to spend it even if they did talk.