For the folks in Canuckistan

JClark

Cool :P Best thing about the election is that we get 3 hours off to vote :blink:

In my district the Conservative candidate is a pretty nice guy who is actually "left of centre" politically; the Liberal candidate is about as "right wing" as a Canadian can get. So I have the weird choice of voting for a fellow I like in a party I don't like.....or voting for the party I like who has a candidate that scares me. Then of course there is the Green party :rolleyes:

Cool  :P  Best thing about the election is that we get 3 hours off to vote    :blink:

In my district the Conservative candidate is a pretty nice guy who is actually "left of centre" politically; the Liberal candidate is about as "right wing" as a Canadian can get.  So I have the weird choice of voting for a fellow I like in a party I don't like.....or voting for the party I like who has a candidate that scares me.  Then of course there is the Green party  :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes,there is! But we trust your inate sense of doing the right thing,Canuckie,and not being led down the garden path!

Yes,there is! But we trust your inate sense of doing the right thing,Canuckie,and not being led down the garden path!

Which path would that be?

They all lead through a garden of roses ............. with these really big thorns.

Thr right is shifting left, the left to the right and the centre, where I usually sit is .......... I dunno, where the hell did it go??? :unsure:

I've been simultaneously impressed and pissed off at all of them.

There's much to fear, much to look forward to, but mostly relief I think. I hope.

Monday is going to be a tough one. When the polls close and the CBC will be ready to roll out the numbers I'll be at the edge of my seat ........... and not know why. :huh:

When in that situation Arch, vote as a constituent and not the Party. I try to do that normally but it can be tough.

[pause]stopped typing to watch Jon Stewart make fun of us[/pause]

Anyway, after all, it's the guy/girl you actually send to Parliament Hill that really matters in the end, whether he/she ends up as the Government, Opposition or deal maker/breaker.

Is that what it is now? It seems to change every year or two.

That "C" could mean many things, some unfortunate. But I'm trying hard not to think that way. :rolleyes:

Edit: That C used to be a CA from the combination of the PC with the A that used to be the R.

I have to go and vote.....my philosophy is , if you don't vote then you don't have a right to complain later :)

I wish that the Rhinoceros party was still around.....they promised more daylight every day and 3 Saturdays in every week.....you always knew how honset they were :rolleyes:

if you don't vote then you don't have a right to complain later

Yep.

Just checked out my ridings candidate websight. Checked other sources and reality checks and my own memory. My mind is all but made up now.

While Sue's claims, and record, are a bit iffy, Jeff is an out and out liar. Now I remember why I loathe these creeps. Geez I've spent alot of years surrounded by these worms in a land far away you'd think I'd remember who they are. I must be getting old.

A scorpion will always be a scorpion.

I'm hoping one of Jeffs reps show up and my bladder is full.

Note: this rant is about my own riding only.

:P

I found the same Wikpedia reference after I posted the question. Then I clicked on wapentake and then . . . .

You know how that goes.

So, now tell me what the word 'scrum' means, in relation to Parliment. The CBC site mentions Jack Layton, being without a seat, as wandering the halls of Parliment, participating in any scrum that would have him . . . (not an exact quote).

I think I understand the reference, but I'm not certain.

(Yes, I know what the term means in rugby - intellectually, if not physically. I was never quite drunk enough to commit rugby)

:D

Jim

It's as you are likely thinking, a rugby reference.

Don't care for rugby either. My next door neighbour tries to get me into it (he'a a Brit fresh off the boat).

It's not working. :)

He was much more successful getting me to like Glenfiddiche (sp?). :D

hmmmm....read the wiki article. I was under the mistaken impression that it had to do with how much distance could be covered by a man on a hore in a day ....oh well...wrong again

A scrum....is a bunch of journalists asking questions...and it IS similar to rigby :)