Villagephotos.com????

Stans

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The site is still there at least but I don't have an account to check on, never signed up. Can you not even see the home page?

Can't see their homepage, can't see the images Donnie has posted here. Just a line that reads "user posted image". :unsure:

Oh, and I have virus scanned, adware scanned, and spyware scanned, unless it is something that is so new that there are no definitions, my system is clean.

Ok, why, all of a sudden, can I not see them? I can right click on the text and I see the location is "http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-2/113955/Lightningportrait.jpg", but I can't see the image. Pasting the link into my Netscape browser brings up an error message saying image at villagephotos.com cannot be found. :huh:

Oh, and the same thing is happening when I try ~shudder~ Micro$haft's Internet Exploder.

Nope, still can't see images. And why can't I see them with IE. I never use IE so there is nothing cached there!

Unless Comcast has decided that Villagephotos is an evil empire of some sort, like AOL blocking certain websites.

Yeah my next guess is comcast then. why they would block that I don't know. Can you get into photobucket.com? it is a similar sort of thing.

Photobucket works fine, that's where I store my images. Something strange here, I can't even get to the villagephoto website. Basically, any IRL that goes to villagephotos.com no longer works, just a blank page is displayed.

my final suggestion is to hit SHIFT+REFRESH and reload the page, maybe that will work. Probably not, but that forces the browser to update the page.

I get the distinct feeling it's my ISP. Comcast has been a bit slow for the past 24 hours, this morning my download speed was only 4 MBps, upload speed was 0. Last night download was 6 MBps, upload was 30 Kbps, normally 300 to 350 Kbps upload. My inability to see Villagephotos hosted pics started about the same time my connection speeds dropped. <_<

Nope, just keep the current ones updated, but my wife rarely updates and her computer can't access villagephotos either, so I'm guessing Comcast has made an executive decision on what is acceptable viewing. I called their help line and the tech, whom I could barely understand due to his slurred speech, said he would check and then cut the phone connection. They have the best help line ever! :sarcasm:

I called their help line and the tech, whom I could barely understand due to his slurred speech, said he would check and then cut the phone connection.  They have the best help line ever! :sarcasm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe the French sent over a nuke to India? :D

"Accept All Images" box is checked, as it has always been checked. Even when I try to go to their homepage, Netscape error www.villagephotos.com could not be found, please check the name and try again. IE error The page cannot be displayed.

That is so weird. Why would Commiecast block a site such as Villagephotos anyway? Doesn't make sense.

And I am sure you are starting to go thru "Babe Withdrawl".  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!! :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Oh, and my upload and download speeds have been all over the board this morning, sometimes the e-mail server works, sometimes it doesn't. Wonder if Comcast got hacked?