Oil goes up

Shepherd

69 a barrel

Seeing first hand the spare no expense oil companies I can say they are way charging too much. I worked in a small field that pumped a mere 1200 barrels a day but is capable of 35,000. They kept it down, because of "work needing to be done". I saw the work, yeah we had to inspect a pipeline hook up and repair that, but no other real work had to be done that couldn't have been done in a few days.

I see a huge change in the next year for oil prices. Smaller companies are buying the Sea Shoul area (off Morgan City, LA) and they will drain that place dry in an effort to make money. The currant companies have been there 20 years or better, more than paid for the rigs and are now selling them off to go to deeper more profitable waters.

I think these smaller start up outfits will work hard at production and bring our own supply more inline with what we need.

Just my thoughts though. Trust me it made me ill to pay 2.35 a gallon for gas when I work to get the junk out of the ground.

Gas will be back up to the post-Katrina $3+ per gallon real soon, just watch. And this time, it won't be coming back down. Last week Ford and GM both announced they are working on alcohol fueled cars. Honestly, it doesn't take a lot of R&D. You need to raise the compression ratio and use marine grade components and hoses. The bigger challenge will be to build alcohol refineries and get alcohol pumps at the local filling stations.