Where....?

Jan van Eechoud

Hi,

My name is Jan van eechoud.

I've been a cfs1 junkie for the past 5 or 6 years..., on and off.......

The reason for being ''off'' is because after a while I get used to the Artificial Intelligence and know upfront (most of the time) what my opponents will do....!

Where can I match my skills against human pilots??????

And HOW do I go about it....!

Will someone tell me where to go, or, as to say, guide me along?

K.regards Jan v. E.

Hi,

My name is Jan van eechoud.

I've been a cfs1 junkie for the past 5 or 6 years..., on and off.......

The reason for being ''off'' is because after a while I get used to the Artificial Intelligence and know upfront (most of the time) what my opponents will do....!

Where can I match my skills against human pilots??????

And HOW do I go about it....!

Will someone tell me where to go, or, as to say, guide me along?

K.regards Jan v. E.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man, I hope you have about a month blocked out of your time, just to get the opinions..and there's a lot of them in this nuthouse. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Welcome!

Boats

Welcome Jan van eechoud to "Nuthouse" most of use here fly IL2 FB/AEP/PF merged install , i can't help you with cfs1 as i have never seen it.

Kick back and relax the rest of the inmates should be along shortly :lol3:

Welcome to CSim, Jan van eechoud!

Red is right, most of us here use IL2 PF Merged. A long time ago I had CFS1, CFS2, and CFS3. Gave them all away. But just recently I was forced to once again acquire CFS3. Why? well because of a little modification to that program called Over Flander's Fields (OFF). It's a WWI flight sim that uses CFS3 as the engine for the game.

The graphics are better and the AI sharper than the original. If you chcek around this forum, in particular, the "Combat Simulations" section, you'll see a number of posts from the folks that inhabit this small spot on the WWW concerning this game. Take the time to read them, I think it'll open your eyes.

Once Again, Welcome. :thumbsup:

Welcome, Jan :)

There are two paths you can follow to play against other sim pilots:

1. Peer-to-Peer Multiplayer via standard PC combat sim games like CFS, IL-2 Sturmovik / Pacific Fighters, European Air War, Falcon 4.0, and the like; or...
  2. Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMOG) air combat sims like Aces High, Warbirds II, and Battlefield Europe.

Option 1 is what most of us folks use, specifically the Pacific Fighters add-on for IL-2 Sturmovik.

We have a group of guys here who fly co-op missions against the game's AI most Saturday evenings starting at 9 PM EST. Currently we are flying a Scorched Earth campaign. It's a lot of fun, with lots of camaraderie, and we welcome newcomers like yourself.

If you'd like to fly with us, we fly the "merged" install of IL-2 Sturmovik and Pacific Fighters. This means you'd have to purchase both of these games. If you are interested, let us know and we'll point you to where you can get copies and directions on how to install and patch it.

Option 2 is to fly one of the MMOG's. These air combat sims use a central server where all players may log in 24-hours-a-day and find others to fly in dogfights, team vs. team play, and historic air battle re-creations.

The downside of this option is that you need to pay a monthly subscription. The upside is that you can download the software and be up, running, and flying with others in a matter of moments (depending on the speed of your Internet connection and download speed). Even with a 56K modem, these games are very playable.

Graphic quality is not as good with MMOG's, but the gameplay, map sizes, and the on-going nature of the campaigns is a plus. In addition, the ability to just get in and fly with others anytime you like is a bonus for folks who can't schedule the time for a weekly meeting with a regular peer-to-peer multiplayer session.

Links to Aces High, Warbirds, and Battlefield Europe can be found easily enough with a Google search.

So, there you have it, Jan...the decision is yours. If you have more questions, we're more than happy to lend you a hand if we can.

I would make one slight correction to Paddles' post.

If you are going to join us playing PF Merged, the games you need to purchase are IL2 Forgotten Battles, IL2 Aces Expansion Pack, and Pacific Fighters.

IL2 Sturmovik is the original game. You do not need that, just the 3 mentioned above, along with the patches to bring the whole shebang up to date.

:popcornsmilie:

Ah yes, Mane...right you are!

I believe you can buy IL-2 Sturm. Forgotten Battles + Aces Expansion Pack together as a special Gold Edition if I'm not mistaken? Then you can get Pacific Fighters, so it's still just a two box purchase. Then all the patches, of course.

Not trying to step on yout toes, Paddles, just want to make sure the lad gets it right if he wants to join us. :thumbsup:

Besides, we need another plane in the air. Stans hasn't crashed into anybody in weeks. :lol:

Mane, hoping that Paddles will "vulch" on some one else for a change.

Ah yes, Mane...right you are!

I believe you can buy IL-2 Sturm. Forgotten Battles + Aces Expansion Pack together as a special Gold Edition if I'm not mistaken? Then you can get Pacific Fighters, so it's still just a two box purchase. Then all the patches, of course.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The whole shebang, including all current patches, is due for release on 17 Feb 06.

Platinum to come later with a few more oddities, I hear...

BTW,Jan,if you come across two strange people called Itchie Crotchie (God,what a name!) or Ronin,try to ignore them or you'll be marked for life!

BTW,Jan,if you come across two strange people called Itchie Crotchie (God,what a name!) or Ronin,try to ignore them or you'll be marked for life!

Whizkid! You half betray Ronin! Now must going a die! You mark for life now boss!

heh heh heh