I long for The Old Days.

MadWallaby

I was just sitting here thinking of the liquid comedy gold that used to flow from the keyboards of CombatSimmers back in 1999, back in the daily DIY Allo-Allo-esque threads. Germglish was rampant. The plotlines were contrived. The asides were sidesplitting.

Cue der schpooky music! Danke.

I long for those days. We have so many talented (and less-than-sane) people in here... I'm surprised some enterprising and imaginative individual hasn't started up CSim Theatre again.

Le Sigh.

Ugh!

I feel terrible about the loss of that one forum server. It was indeed a crappy day when I discovered that the MySQL backups of the posts were truncated (cut short), even though everytime I performed the backups, the web interface gave me a nice tar.gz file to download.

I'd hate to promise anything that I can't deliver, but I still have those incomplete backups on disk.

Maybe, just maybe, if someone could give me some keywords to search for in the old storyline, we might, if we are extremely lucky, and if the stuff is still there, salvage that story.

What I need is some specific words or phrases, or even poster's user names that are UNIQUE to that story.

If you can give me some of those keywords, I'll go into the backups and see if there's anything to retrieve.

:)

I thought it was the one Donnie had us rampagin around trying to save Rommel from some Gestapo female. Me of course being the handsome, hard-assed, hard chargin Devil Dog I am. I thought he caught my charactor rather well actually.

The Skipper who is hoping now that Doug can't recover that puppy cause I like my memory of myself in that story.

I was just sitting here thinking of the liquid comedy gold that used to flow from the keyboards of CombatSimmers back in 1999, back in the daily DIY Allo-Allo-esque threads. Germglish was rampant. The plotlines were contrived. The asides were sidesplitting.

I long for those days. We have so many talented (and less-than-sane) people in here... I'm surprised some enterprising and imaginative individual hasn't started up CSim Theatre again.

Le Sigh.

Wouldn't that be about the time of the "Flanker Wars" and "Anti-V"?

how bout starting a contest on who would get in the last word. (stolen from the other board) The winner will get Doug's complete collection of "ABBA" 8 tracks! So.... if nobody has anything else to say.. I guess I'll get the last word in...

Le Sigh.

You can find some of the Herr Flick and Fifi & Bridgette and Hein Kill stuff in the old EAW forums. Do a search.

As for the last big story thingmie before the explosion, I beleive it was the story The Skipper was referring to.