Question for y'all about this forum

The Dude

Gentlemen. At ease.

[heh!]

Kidding aside, has anyone noticed that it's difficult to tell which forums have new posts in them since we upgraded to the new software?

I used to be able to look at the square buttons and see which forums had new posts, but the buttons now seem the same whether there are new posts or not.

Is it just me?

No mate its hard to tell unless you reply to a thread , bit confusing but i just look for my nick and that tells me if there is anything new

Yeah those boxes are hard to tell what they are indicating but to me they are not very needed. I just open the individual forums and look at the folders/text to see if there is some new info. The readyroom forum tends to have something new most times I visit anyway, there are so many topics.

Well, well, someone else noticed that too.

Yea, the forum home seems a bit FUBAR, but like the others said, once you go into the actual forum, the "grayed out" folders give it away.

A bit disconcerning, but not too bad. You miss a setting somewhere there, Paddles? :unsure:

I have noticed two things...one of which is Firefox related...

When in the 'Ready Room' or other thread, when you click on the 'Forum Options' button under the 'New Topic' button in Internet Exploder it pops open a lengthwise box with the options available, such as 'Mark forum as read and return'. But in Firefox 1.5, it opens in a square and the options are superimposed over the page, which makes it hard to read the options.

Secondly, I made a post in the Joke thread this morning. Ten minutes later I went to add another. I selected 'Add Reply' pasted the joke and hit 'Add reply' again, and it added the joke to the previous post. I did an edit and tried it a few more times, kept doing the same thing. So I logged out, logged back in, tried it again and it added it to a new post as it should. Weird. Like I say it might be a Firefox issue with the new software.

Okay, I know what the problem is now.

The new forum software allowed me to revert to the old skin set we had, but it is not compatible with many of the new cascading style sheet features incorporated in the buttons.

What I have to do to correct this is change back to the default skin set for this new version and customize that CSS so it has our logo and "look and feel" of this older skin set.

I'll work on it today to get it up to speed. When it's done, all the cool new features will work properly.

:thumbsup:

See Donster's Firefox bits, paste below. :huh:

Also, for quite some time, the area just below the ready room "Combat Simulations" shows an odd little angle

in the lower right corner instead of the IPB that the rest do.

Super small thing, but since you asked...

___UPDATE___ It looks like you fixed the transparency dealio under edit and mark as read areas for FireFox.

You Da Man, or Dude, or summat...

Also, for quite some time, the area just below the ready room "Combat Simulations" shows an odd little angle

in the lower right corner instead of the IPB that the rest do.

The odd little angle thingmie in the button for the Combat Simulations forum is because it has a sub-forum for CFS3 Mods.

This is a test reply.

Okay, I see what you guys mean now.

This is bullcrap :mad:

This is another test.

Yet another test using "Fast Reply" button.

Ah! Another test using Fast Reply button.

Another test using the regular "Add Reply' button.

Hmmm? Maybe this is some sort of anti-spam feature, cause when I came in to post these tests, some time had passed since the last time it added to the last post, and it made a separate reply. But now that I am posting so rapidly, the replies get added to the last post.