Help with F-22 ADF on Windowx XP

tenken

Hi Tenken,

Welcome to our forums :)

My memory is a bit fuzzy (no jokes from the peanut gallery) but I recall having a problem with F22:ADF on WinXP because I had too many fonts installed in my Windows\Fonts directory.

I know that sounds strange, but it is a known problem with F22:ADF and Windows.

You can use a utility like Printer's Apprentice to manage your Windows fonts. It'll let you remove a group of fonts with a few clicks, then you can reinstall them after you've played F22 with a few more clicks. It's also a shareware program which is nice.

Give that a try and if that doesn't work, we'll see if we can find another reason for the problem.

:thumbsup:

Tenken,

Make sure you don't uninstall all your fonts; that's not necessary. Leave 20 or so of the basic ones in there.

Also, be sure to check out our resource page for F22:ADF if you haven't already. There's links to patches (not sure how many of the links still work), lots of articles, and other goodies.

Hi Paddles and Combatsim,

I've left 20 fonts on my PC but the problem persists.

What's strange is that the game always begins normally but after a few seconds the cursor becomes the Windows sandclock and then it hangs up.

I also realized that when that happens I restart my PC and crate a new pilot. I can only play again with a new pilot AND new nickname so maybe that's the cause of the problem.

I also woder if it is normal that F22:ADF creates a file called f22.$$$ outside the DID directory.

Is there any F22:ADF pilot still active?

Hey Tenken,

Active pilots? None that I know of around here.

The F22:ADF forum over at SimHQ is pretty busy these days, you might want to go there and look for answers and meet some of their crew.

I also suggest you download Belarc Advisor. This is a free utility you can use to get a profile of the installed hardware and software of your PC. This information will be invaluable to you and the others as you try to troubleshoot your problem.

If you get your problem solved over there, be sure to come back here and let us know how you fared and what you did to correct the problem.

:)

Paddles,

Thank you very much for your help, advice and suggestions. Be sure if I solve the problem I'll let you know.

I will also try to get another more recent F-22 sim, so if anyone has played a good one and like to recomend it, that'll be great.