The Rat Patrol

Joker

Just got my DVD set of the first season last night.

Yeah, the acting is amatuer, the dialogue is painful, the stories are cartoons, the research is a joke ...

But it's THE RAT PATROL (In color)!

Just the sight of those Jeeps jumping the dunes still sends a shiver down my spine, and all of a sudden I'm five years old again.

Highly recommended! :thumbsup:

You mean it really was filmed in color? When I saw it, color tv's were only for the rich, we were lucky to have a black and white tv.

Yep, it's in color. Remember how all those old shows always used to say "In color" in the titles, so you'd know what you were missing? We didn't get a color TV until around 1970, IIRC ...

You mean it really was filmed in color? When I saw it, color tv's were only for the rich, we were lucky to have a black and white tv.

You had a black and white TV!!!!!!...........[insertmontypythonvoicehere]Why when I was growing up, we didn't have a Tv, no sir we had to stand out side the neighbors house and hope they liked the same shows.[/insertmontypythonvoicehere]

:lol::P:P

Cor! When I was a nipper,there was no such thing as TV,color or Black and White! We all used to gather in the Market Square and listen to the Town Crier tell us what was going on in the next County,and the rest of the country. Then we used to (only for fun,of course) go and throw stuff (substitute the word S***T here!) at whoever the Town Constable had in the Stocks that week! You young guys don't know what fun is,with yer TV! :rofl:

[crotchety old man voice] Oh, yeah? Well, back in my day, we used to have fun by playing hide and seek with velociraptors. Yeah, now that was fun! It was dangerous and we liked it! [/crotchety old man voice]

Velociraptors? You mean your bunch were rich enough to have Velociraptors? Should have seen my Dad arm wrestle a T-Rex! Pinned it in three minutes,he did! VR's are fast,but no staying power,I grant you. You had it lucky,mate,you did!

T-Rex???? You had a T-Rex? Jeesh all we could afford ws a Duckbill, and an old one at that; one leg you know. Had to poke it in the ass just to get it to hiss so we could pretend it was a T-Rex.

Wussies!!!!!!!!!!!

T-Rex???? You had a T-Rex? Jeesh all we could afford as a Duckbill. Had to poke it in the ass just to get it to hiss so we could pretend it was a T-Rex.

Wussies!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

[crochety old man voice] Deep? I'll tell ya what was deep. Crawling out of the ick. That slimy mess was deep, smelly, and sticky, but we did it and we liked it! [/crochety old man voice]

Yeah,we had to do the same,but we DIDN'T like it................except the weird ones who had split into two cells! Stay away from them,they'll turn you into an ameoba!!

Well here's something for y'all.

I never saw the Rat Patrol.

Ever.

I mean I know what it is, but never saw a single episode in my life. I'll go put my hair shirt on now. :popcornsmilie:

Huh? :huh: Never? :huh: Not one single, solitary episode? :blink: You are a deprived individual. :(

Wow!

A lot of you folks took a hard left onto Weird Lane, dintcha? :huh:

Rat Patrol was killer cool, dug it lots when I was a wee lad of 5-ish myself. Dunno if I want to go and ruin it by seeing it

40 years later. I am quite sure it will have lost its lustre...

Hey, to a lad of 5, squashed bugs are cool too.

Never saw it either..........by the time it came on, I was into something way more cool..........girls.