COMBATSIM Forum

Hello

Agent X-2-Zero

Hi, all. This is my first post here, and I need your help.

I'm thinking of upgrading my graphics card, And I want to go for a really high-end one, but I'm not totally sure whch chipset to go for. Now I've heard good things about both types, and it doesn't really help me to decide one way or other. so I'm now looking for personal thoughts.

Any help would be appreiciated.

Welcome to Csim X-20;

Which chipset to use, eh?

Well Ati is pretty good, I happen to like NVidia's. (Just leave the check on the desk, I'll cash it later)

Why? Well I've always been a fan of theirs since before they bought Voodoo. (What a bonus?. You guys are too kind)

I think the colors are brighter and the cards a lot easier to handle. (A pay raise too?? Man are you folks great or what)

Also the artwork on the boxes is outstanding. (No, no, really, free tickets to next year's Superbowl?)

And I find the driver updates are easy to install. (Stock Options too? You guys are better than lobbyists.)

So all in all, I'd have to go with NVidia (Just park the bass boat out back, I'll get to it when the lake thaws)

Just my 2 cents, mind you.

:rofl:

Welcome Agent X-2-Zero! Really, either nVidia or ATi are good choices. What might be just as important is the brand name of either card you purchase. Also, does your motherboard have just an AGP slot or does it have PCI Express?

I know BFG makes great vid cards. They have a lifetime warranty. ASUS, Gigabyte are also good brands. I myself have good luck with a lesser known brand, Albatron.

I'd go for the Nvidia 6800GT, It will be coming way down in price and will easily handle any game out there, provided you have the horsepower in your rig to really let it shine. I myself have an ATI X700 and even though I'm too chicken to upgrade the drivers it has been a rock solid card. I just saw the Nvidia 7800 for $299 after rebates at Best Buy I think, so if you have deep pockets I think that's a good deal!

I'd go for the Nvidia 6800GT, It will be coming way down in price and will easily handle any game out there, provided you have the horsepower in your rig to really let it shine. I myself have an ATI X700 and even though I'm too chicken to upgrade the drivers it has been a rock solid card. I just saw the Nvidia 7800 for $299 after rebates at Best Buy I think, so if you have deep pockets I think that's a good deal!

Thanks for the advice cobraj, and if there's absolutetly no chance of my balls falling off while playing Quake3, so much the better!

How do you get the smilies to show here? I wanted to use a thumbs up?

Geforce 7800GT oc 256mb GDDR3 after $50 price drop and $50 rebate at Best Buy makes it $299 . Make sure if you are married you get a good Valentines gift before you buy this or you could definately lose your balls! :P

I just bought $400 bucks in cordless tools, so my balls are on the line this valentines.. :D

Agent X-20

The smilies can be posted by clicking on them (to the left of the text block), An expanded version is available by clicking on the "Show All" text under the listed smilies.

And for the record I have a NVidia 6600 LE 256Mb card in the Big Rig, a NVidia FX5200 128 MB in the Little Rig, and the same in the Lesser Rig.

:rofl:

I have the same on my current.

Strange, but have you ever been disturbed by mosquitoes since installing it?

No, but there was a black fly problem that was solved by invoking the RAID controller.

Yes, the MB in the Big Rig is a Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI NVidia nForce4 SLI/2 PCI-E*16 Socket 939/ATX/2PCI-E*1 4 DDR Dual-CH/8-CH Audio GbE 4 SATAII / 1394b/10 USB 2.0.

But I can't really remembr all the details.

More important is the way in which the liberal media has down played the effect that SLI is having on the War on Obesity.

Yes, the MB in the Big Rig is a Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI NVidia nForce4 SLI/2 PCI-E*16 Socket 939/ATX/2PCI-E*1 4 DDR Dual-CH/8-CH Audio GbE 4 SATAII / 1394b/10 USB 2.0.

But I can't really remembr all the details.

More important is the way in which the liberal media has down played the effect that SLI is having on the War on Obesity.

Well I can say with confidence that I've NEVER met any SLI users who were out of condition.

And even if there were any, the skin tone would look superb online.

Archived