Come and get it PF-flyers, Patch 4.03 is up at Ubi!

Spectre_USA

All the new yummy aircraft in a tiny, little 154 MB download... :P

http://patches.ubi.com/pacific_fighters/

OH My F@#$^%KING back...................154Mb???????????????? :blink:

Looks like I gotta stop by my techies again...........sigh :o

You know I'd pay a reasonable amt, if they would just send me a CD, you know like $5 plus $3 S&H.

Why the hell do software makers not offer something like this? Us dial-up folks would buy it!!!!

Heh!

Can't even get the patch page to show up. No surprise there; I'm sure it's getting totally hammered (not drunk, but hit by requests).

[EDIT: Oh! Getting it now off the last public Australian server listed at 3dGamers.com (thanks to Donnie's news :thumbsup:)]

:D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Paddles I'm downloading this thing, We're all getting totally hammered, wish you could be here man! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Hey which way to the bathroom?

Well, it looks like I won't be playing PF any time soon.

I installed the patch then started the game and went into quick missions to try the mosquito. As I was selecting some enemy bombers, I got a system error message that the il2fb.exe had encountered an error.

I knew something was amiss because just prior to installing the patch, I had updated Firefox. When I updated it, it worked fine and I closed it. When I went to reopen Firefox, nothing happened.

Okay, now back to PF. So, error message. Close the message and decided to reboot the machine. Then I got an error saying that the machine was trying to shutdown Mozilla Thunderbird. This program hadn't even been on.

Now I knew I was in trouble. And I was.

The machine is roasted. Won't boot at all. Just get the message "Error: Type any Key to Reboot." Type a key, nothing.

So, the grand ol' machine that has two hard drives full of stuff I don't even want to think about, is gandhi.

I will take it into a service shop to see if they can rescue any data, but I'm not optimistic the local shop can do anything. If it comes to it, I'll send the main drive to one of those places that takes the drive apart and puts the disks into special equipment to retrieve the data. Probably will cost about $400 if it comes to that.

I had lots of backups, but as you all know, we never backup everything.

:(

AHHH!

Gez Paddles that is horrible. Have you tired booting to DOS or something to see if the data is intact? Are you thinking this was a hardware failure? Or some horrible virus?

Maybe if your second drive had some room on it you could install Windows on it and get to your files on the first drive. I have done that before when a windows installation has been screwed up and I didn't want to loose any files.

Paddles do you suspect the patch? Spectre got it running from the original link right? Maybe it was from the alternate source?

The patch didn't update my version number, but the new planes are in there. But...it also completely screwed up my sound, and my joystick doesn't work anymore.

Got it from Spec's link.

I bet Oleg did this to us on purpose...

:o:blink:<_<:angry:

I really don't suspect the patch because my pooter's first sign of trouble was that Firefox wasn't working after I upgraded it. I should've just stopped there, but I proceeded to upgrade PF right after that.

Maybe, just maybe, there's a conspiracy of two uck-fayed things going on at the same time. That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I mean, if Schatten is now having issues, then we have to wonder, eh? My install did update the version number just fine, so who knows.

Ah well...life's a byatch sometimes. :(

Hmm is this a leaked patch? Oleg got pissed about the last leaked patch and reissued a "correct" one later with no discernable changes. Maybe it isn't ready or it is intentionally screwed up. Spectre what is the deal on your system, all clear?

EDIT: the first link is not listed on pacific-fighters.com

they only list Filefront, GamersHell, and Gamesplanet as hosts. Strange. Maybe there is something wrong with it.

Paddles what Firefox update did you use? 1.5.0.1 is what I am on and I think that is up to date.

EDIT2: My download from the first link is 154MB, pacific-fighters.com claims 130MB is the size, but this would not be the first time there was a discrepency. I'm getting an "official" one for comparison too.

EDIT3: Yup the "official" one from GamersHell is 154MB.

My sound has been weird for a while, but now it's just...weirder. Not just in PF even though now all the buttons sound like machineguns instead of single clicks and it's even quieter than before, which is almost hard to believe especially since after the first time I ran it I put all Windows mixer volume settings to max, all in game to max, and hell I even turned my speaker knob to max. And it's about a 2 on your normal Spinal Tap 1-11 scale. Grrrr.

No idea whatsoever why the version number is the same and the joystick is now dead though.

So dunno.