Good Sunday morning

Stans

Well, it's plenty light enough that I can see the "big snow". Yep, last night we had the National Weather Service's "heavy snowfall warining". What did we get? One inch... maybe. I really don't think it is a full inch of snow. Now if all of yesterday's precipitation had been in the form of snow, we would have about 10 to 12 inches of snow, but you usually don't get snow and it sure isn't going to stick when it's 40 F!!!! Somebody needs to give these weather guys a clue. <_<

Honestly, I was hoping for three inches of snow. It's been a while since we have seen snow and the Winter is coming to its end soon. Plus it's the weekend, perfect time for snow and building snowmen. Yeah, maybe even a whole snowman army, but then that would take a foot of snow and that rarely happens.

Here is a picture of our "big snow". :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ourbigsnow.jpg

Of course, it has started snowing again and is really coming down. :unsure:

And I really like this digital camera thingmy. Canon A610 Power Shot, took me about 10 minutes to read the quick users guide and figure out how to get decent pictures and the software is uber easy to use. :thumbsup:

Ourbigsnow.jpg

And I really like this digital camera thingmy. Canon A610 Power Shot, took me about 10 minutes to read the quick users guide and figure out how to get decent pictures and the software is uber easy to use. :thumbsup:

My god! It's worse than what Washington endured at Valley Forge!

Be careful what you wish for.....here in Ga. people used to pine for snow.....until the 100 yr

blizzard event of 93, and 16 to 20 inches of it....and no power....or toilet paper etc.

BTW.....these 2 chicks figure prominantly in my penance threads i just posted. I was on a

rescue misn for one of them. 4 wheel drive is very useful sometimes (note trooper in bckgrnd).

That's a Ga. DOT truck that was trapped there...hwy 27 is blocked by trees 50 meters farther on.

And digital cameras are the cat's A......chicks like em cause they can see how good youre doing

and get inspired.

blizzardof93resized2cdtime.jpg

Last really big snow here was 10 years ago, the second week of January 1996 to be exact. I think it was 16 inches of snow, took three days to get the major roads clear, another three or four days to get the secondary roads cleared, every day the temps reached all the way into the mid 30's and each night was around 20, so every little bit of snow that melted would turn into ice over night. It was a mess and that's why I would like to see about three inches of snow, only takes a day to get things cleared.

Morning All..........

Cold. and overcast. Still waiting for the BIG SNOW. But laughing my a$$ off at the newscasters down south (NYC). From the way they talk you'd think that the next Ice Age has started. BFD!!!! You got some snow. Yea they get 12" or so and it's a major emergency. All the cable channels have reporters out covering each flake as it hits the ground.

But when WE get a snowstorm barely a mention anywhere on the news. We can have 2 feet of the white stuff and you might here; "Oh yea, it also snowed in Maine."

What a bunch of whimpy, whinning, wussie flatlanders!!! Jeesh!!!!

Morning All..........

Cold. and overcast. Still waiting for the BIG SNOW. But laughing my a$$ off at the newscasters down south (NYC). From the way they talk you'd think that the next Ice Age has started. BFD!!!! You got some snow. Yea they get 12" or so and it's a major emergency. All the cable channels have reporters out covering each flake as it hits the ground.

But when WE get a snowstorm barely a mention anywhere on the news. We can have 2 feet of the white stuff and you might here; "Oh yea, it also snowed in Maine."

What a bunch of whimpy, whinning, wussie flatlanders!!! Jeesh!!!!

Well, you have to consider how many people live in NYC, something like 8 million, and there are only a half dozen people willing to live in Maine, so there just aren't that many people to interview in Maine. :lol:

The hype in the south causes all kinds of panic. All the grocery stores are probably out of milk, bread, and toilet paper. For some reason those go first. Not the batteries or matches or beans. Why is that?

The hype in the south causes all kinds of panic. All the grocery stores are probably out of milk, bread, and toilet paper. For some reason those go first. Not the batteries or matches or beans. Why is that?

Because we are not accustomed to being without electricity, running water, or being house bound.

You forgot the most important item Baltar....BEER! :beer::D

Ourbigsnow.jpg

Hey,Stans,is that a house in the background? If so,they sure build 'em small where you live! :lol: