Front Page News

Donster

The Attack of the Giant Micro$loth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Figures MS Anti-spy would do that kinda thing. Although I gotta say it, it works well on my rigs and so far has not gone after my AVG anti-virus. :unsure:

Beside I never did like Norton's :angry:

Norton has been effective for me but it is s-l-o-w to launch, and once your subscription runs out it starts being a real pain in the a$$ with constant nags. When I still had an account it once in a while spontaneously updated during games and really annoyed me. If you turn that off it nags you to turn it on. I'm looking for alternatives.

I purchased NAV and repaid for it two more years after that. Then, this year, when I upgraded to a newer, full-blown, version since no more upgrades were being offered for my original version, the piece o' crap wouldn't install.

There was a conflict between it and, of all things, my Roxio CD burning software.

Norton support was absolutely non-existent. They show a live chat support thingmie, but it never, ever worked. I sent them email after email, and got links to online knowledge base info that didn't help. Called them and called them, and got very bad, barely-english-speaking advice that was pure rubbish.

I went online and checked various user forums and everybody had the same problem and there was no reasonable solution short of re-formatting the drive or doing brain surgery on the registry.

I then found the one thing on Symantec's site that works: their credit card refund thingmie.

Got AVG, which is free, uber fast, and works like a CHARM!

:)

I have used both Norton and McAfee in the past, both had their own problems and I learned real fast (the hard way with Norton) that paying for the downloaded version only works once. If your computer goes kaput and you lose everything, they don't care, you have to buy again. And the subscriptions to the updates is a pain as well. McAfee worked really well, so well that it blocked all of my e-mails, but hey, no viruses!!!!

I now use AVG, free, works great, I set the time of day for automatic update, no problems at all.