Wobble fix in Pacific Fighters patch 4.02m

Baltar

I have a P4 CPU and the axis ocillation introduced in 4.02m is still annoying in the new 4.03m patch. AMD users report an improvement in handling. Supposedly doing the following fixes it:

"rename the il2coreP4.dll as X.backup, then renaming il2core.dll as il2coreP4.dll"

credit to this post: http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc...0493#9201000493

In my experience, it seems to dampen down the wobble some but it still bounces if you are sloppy with your control inputs. Gun recoil seems to cause less porpoising too.

AMD user here, wobbles are greatly reduced for me, as long as I am easy on the controls. The six 50 calibers of the -1/-1A/-1D Corsair no longer induce wobbles, but there is just a little wobble with the -1C and its four 20mm cannons. I think overall the aircraft behave more like real aircraft with the 4.03 patch, at least for AMD users.

AMD user here, wobbles are greatly reduced for me, as long as I am easy on the controls. The six 50 calibers of the -1/-1A/-1D Corsair no longer induce wobbles, but there is just a little wobble with the -1C and its four 20mm cannons. I think overall the aircraft behave more like real aircraft with the 4.03 patch, at least for AMD users.

I dunno if this may apply, but after the patch i found myself unable to start PF/fb....i was freaking out, unitl someone recomended i defrag and reinstall. So i defragged, and then tested it....the blasted thing worked great. How that could happen i dunno, especially after id had the same problem the nithg before after i had changed the dll files specified. So god knows what defragging can do. Maybe itll make the solomons get more islands or something.

It did work for me but who knows what variables are afoot. I didn't invent the fix and maybe Oleg ignored the problem in the il2coreP4.dll because it could not be counted on to work reliably.

I will say that if it works it is worth the trouble.