New Links Department Added To Forums

The Dude

Hi guys,

If you look up in the right-hand menu bar of the forum, you'll see a new department link next to the Blogs link.

The link is for our new Links database. I've added some basic link categories, but more can be added if you wish. I'm thrilled with this new feature, even if it isn't a massive hit with the community, simply because maintaining links on the main website is a PAIN; besides most of the ones on the main site are so ancient they are more trouble than they are worth.

So, have fun with the new thingmie and get in there and populate the database with your favourite links.

Here's a direct link for you: New Links Database.

Oh, and feel free to suggest new categories :thumbsup:

There ya go again, movin' the furiture around................Jeesh!

Ok suggestions for new categories;

1) Basic Flight Sim Training (the link I posted yesterday for Crash's Live and Die book)

2) Hardware Help (Belarc Advisor)

That's it for now............I need to get a second cup of coffee in me and figure out where ya put the comfy chair. :lol:

:coffeetime:

Mane,

I added a single links category for all links called "Links - Other". This category is for any link not directly related to a specific sim.

So, put your Belarc link and link to Crenshaw's guide in there for now. Later, if we seem to be getting lots and lots of hardware resource links, or strategy guide links, I'll break them out into their own categories. For now, I just want to keep the interface as clean as possible.

:)

Mane,

Links added.

I tried to make you a links department moderator, but I don't think it worked. If you add another link, just check in the quick links box on the left of the Links page for another link called "Hidden Links" just below the "Last 5 Links" link. If I setup your account properly, you can use that to approve your own links.

(Man! All this recursive link links stuff is annoying!)

Now, did I make your sig line so big or did I do that by mistake?

Yea something went ka-flooey with that sig line. The size popped up to 7, but I cut it down to a 4 again.

Ok now I gotta figure out your directions............do I take a left or a right at the first stop sign? :rofl:

Mane,

Links management problem solved. Now, anyone who is a "Charter Member" of the forums can add and manage "Hidden" links in the Links department.

Give it a try, Manester. Add a new link, submit it, then look for the "Manage Hidden Links" link in the left-hand options menu. Go into that and approve your newly submitted link and it will appear in the appropriate category :):thumbsup:

Mane,

Links management problem solved. Now, anyone who is a "Charter Member" of the forums can add and manage "Hidden" links in the Links department.

Give it a try, Manester. Add a new link, submit it, then look for the "Manage Hidden Links" link in the left-hand options menu. Go into that and approve your newly submitted link and it will appear in the appropriate category :):thumbsup:

So YOU say!