Welcome to my Island

Shepherd

Welcome to High Island 325A. HI325a is a gas producing platform. This platform was shut in for about 5 years and just now being brought back on line. I do not have any gear here now, so it is all production work for me, which means mostly fishing, sleeping or computing.

Office/living quarters

100_01211.jpg

The galley

100_01221.jpg

Half the drill deck (not drilling)

100_01231.jpg

The other half

100_01241.jpg

Boat landing looking over to our neighbor

100_01301.jpg

Me, we wear nomex for safty

100_01321.jpg

I need some head sun

100_01331.jpg

A oilr rig is a reef for fish there are thousands around it all the time. It is cool when the sharks come eating though.

100_01351.jpg

From the water looking up, she is old and small but she sure has some gas

Picture1311.jpg

Had the date off a bit on those 1st few?

Cool shots, off the coast of Afrique?

No off the coast of Texas. I know the date is off, found out when I downloaded them. This is the first place we could easily take pictures without a major deal going down.

Shep,

Fine rig you got there. It's nice to be on a rig in transition without all the hurry-up-and-make-depth chaos of a rig drilling in a new formation. :thumbsup:

I intensely disliked tripping in and out of some of the deep wells I worked on. 12 hours of pure, non-stop, back-breaking, chain-slingin', mud-soaking, fun. Sleep. Repeat. :D

I envy all that sun you're getting. There's a blizzard bearing down on us as I type this :(

Finally some pics, that's cool man. That guy on the couch is certainly enjoying the free food. That place is small. Is the helipad on those containers?