What does it mean

Shepherd

to you to be a citizen of Combatsim.com?

To me it means friendship, a place where I can forget about the real world for a few and people who will help you with anything they can.

When I was in the UK you guys were my buddies and kept me company and were a link to the rest of the world. Now I'm back home but still have the new friends.

Combatsim is a great group, very good folks, very helpful as Shep mentioned too. There is almost never any flame waring or insultfests like you get over at some other forums with less intelligent people.

Is it that we find companionship, good conversation and the support of friends?

Or is it that we have no lives and cling to this surrogate for real friendship because no one in their right mind would associate with us in real time?

Or is it just for the BABES!?

:) We report, you decide. :)

Family I guess. We've been together a long time, and no matter what our differences, what we've shared over the years is far more important. I visit other places, but for me, there is nowhere like here.

It's virtual home.

Good friends, good conversation, good fun, like hanging out in a bar with life long buddies, but much safer since the cops are not patroling the area from my computer to my beer and wine stash.

Don't you be too sure,Stans! Ve haf vays of checking on you,mein freund! Check out your bathroom! :ph43r::unsure:

Is it that we find companionship, good conversation and the support of friends?

Or is it that we have no lives and cling to this surrogate for real friendship because no one in their right mind would associate with us in real time?

Or is it just for the BABES!?

:) We report, you decide. :)

All three

Stag was right on! I felt welcome right from the start,even if I am older than most of you.I just feel the same as I used to sitting in a cosy Pub with my buddies. Not threatened,not put down,able to mildly insult and be insulted,and enjoy discussions about mutually enjoyed subjects. You really are a great bunch of friends! (Sniffle,sniffle,open another for me,will ya?) :beer:

Old Guy's first line does it for me.

I know I've not been around much, but I've never deleted the shortcut on my desktop and I've always have a wee nosey now and then.

Combatsim and it's members have been a part of my life since 1999 and from those early days so much happened that would never have me turn my back on Combatsim. Like I said I don't post much these days due to personal problems, but you're all still with me.

"Ahhhhh, Shucks, Bilkie"

Mane kicks at dirt on tthe floor with his right foot and notices a serious lack of vacumming in recent days.

Comes of living in a tent,I guess! :popcornsmilie:

Comes of living in a tent,I guess! :popcornsmilie:

Mane notices that this is not the first time Whizzy has made a "funny" at his expense. Therefore, he realizes, it is time for a blast from the past:

chicken.gif

THE FUNKY CHICKEN CHALLENGE!

The crowd gasps and mummers, tales of the the downfall of one called 'Yoss' are recalled.

Get your pedals on, Whizzkid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mane notices that this is not the first time Whizzy has made a "funny" at his expense. Therefore, he realizes, it is time for a blast from the past:

chicken.gif

THE FUNKY CHICKEN CHALLENGE!

The crowd gasps and mummers, tales of the the downfall of one called 'Yoss' are recalled.

Get your pedals on, Whizzkid!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah,you spoke to my heart,Mane! Visions of gliding across the Ballroom doing the Funky Chicken! Well,maybe not gliding,but................you get the idea. That and wowing them with my version of the "Swim" and the "Shimmy!" Days of Glory!

THE FUNKY CHICKEN CHALLENGE is not to be spoken of lightly Whizzy.

It is a solemn challenge to a duel, mano-a-mano, in the skies of honor.

Legend has it the gif is the image of the challengee attempting to figure out how rudder pedals work.

Failure to respond the FCC will result in body parts falling from your frame.

HEED THE WARNING, NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember the fate of Yoss.

What does it mean to me?

Everything you guys said (the nice stuff).

All I know is that even though I started this site and the forums, and even though I have moderated the forums since their inception, this "community" started without me. I can't recall what year it was when I first played online with you guys, but I do remember that I was initially quite nervous to even ask if I could join in. That fear was totally unjustified because I was instantly welcomed and accepted into the fold.

I can't believe this site is going to have its TEN year anniversary in January of 2007. Ten years!

We've seen so much in those ten years: marriages, divorces, newborn babies, wars, and even some deaths. Through it all, we've stuck together. Why? Despite the fact that we communicate digitally most of the time, and even though many of us have never met face-to-face, the friendships and camarderie are GENUINE. As genuine as any group of guys who have lived, loved, laughed, and fought side-by-side together in person.

I have to admit, when all this started ten years ago, my motivation was to make a business out of my simming hobby and I ran it as such. Now, in the fullness of time, the motivation to keep this place alive is simply to maintain the friendships I have developed with all of you.

I consider it a supreme privilege to know each and every one of you.

Well. If that doesn't stop this thread dead in its tracks, I don't know what will :D

THE FUNKY CHICKEN CHALLENGE is not to be spoken of lightly Whizzy.

It is a solemn challenge to a duel, mano-a-mano, in the skies of honor.

Legend has it the gif is the image of the challengee attempting to figure out how rudder pedals work.

Failure to respond the FCC will result in body parts falling from your frame.

HEED THE WARNING, NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember the fate of Yoss.

Yikes,I didn't realize the severity of the situation! If I could have a couple of years to polish up my flying abilities,I would be most happy to accept the challenge,Mane. However,right now it's time for din-dins so can we continue this another time? (Whew,that was close!)