FB-AEP--- Vhot'z vrong??

Edwin Rommel

Herren

I have been running FB-AEP on my machine for a while now-- off-line I can fly with quite high settings and lots of planes, but the moment I go on-line the lag is terrible.

I thought it was my internet connection and upgraded to DSL-- still PRETYY LAGGY!!

I recieved a mission file from R.Lee Sullivan last week, and tried running it off-line on my machine- and the lagging was as bad as on-line-- so it must be something in my 'puter

What should I upgrade?

I am running on a Celeron 1.7 G Processor

512 KB Ram

Windows XP PRo

128 KB Nvidia FX5200 Video

Onboard AC 97 Audio pack

The lagging is terrible on the ground- can hardly control during take-off....

Phew

Zhat ist mein proper English fur ein day.... :P

Many folks with less than 2.4ghz CPUs and mid range vid cards find that they have to reduce the "eye candy" to get good frame rates online. I also agree with Gunny that 512 megs of RAM is not enough for FB. I think that somewhere Mr. Maddox himself said that 768 was a minimum. I would suggest 1 gig. Using custom skins online also leads to a lot of lag. Whenever possible use the default skins. If you NEED custon skins for squadron play then the recommended approach is for each member of the squad to download a copy of each oother members custom skin into the appropraite FB skins folder. That way the skin does not have to be downloaded online during game play. Hope that helps.

I'd try the RAM first, Pieter. I run 1.256 GB of RAM on a rig comparable to yours, using mostly medium video setting. Performance is acceptable, though not sparkling -- I still get some lag and slowdowns during big battles. Go for a gig of RAM and see how that helps. It can't hurt, and you'll likely see better performance on all your applications.

'Kay-- will try the RAM story-- I am a bit scared to do the "end it All" thing on-line, since I have just recovered from a HUGE virus infection on the 'puter, and would hate to go back there...

What type of condoms are you guys using when we are on-line? :huh:

Stags-- I run on medium to low settings--

I have taken the landscape and landscape lighting right down, the object detail to medium, clouds off and only view distance at max... and it still stutters....

What type of condoms are you guys using when we are on-line? :huh:

I run through the Norton Internet Security firewall with no problems, Pieter. As far as I know, firewalls are only really a problem when you're hosting, but they can be configured to allow hosting. When I was running through a router, the so-called "hardware firewall," I was able to host by enabling ports.